ISCO 08 Code 133 Information and communications technology service managers
Information and communications technology service managers plan, direct, and coordinate the acquisition, development, maintenance and use of computer and telecommunication systems within organizations.
Tasks usually include:
- consulting with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements and specifying technology to meet those needs; formulating and directing information and communication technology (ICT) strategies, policies and plans;
- directing the selection and installation of ICT resources and the provision of user training;
- directing ICT operations, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines;
- overseeing the security of ICT systems; assigning, reviewing, managing and leading the work of systems analysts, programmers, and other computer-related workers;
- evaluating the organization's technology use and needs and recommending improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades;
- establishing and managing budgets, controlling expenditure and ensuring the efficient use of resources;
- establishing and directing operational and administrative procedures;
- overseeing the selection, training and performance of staff;
- representing the enterprise or organization at ICT related conventions, seminars and conferences.
- Information and communications technology service managers1330