ISCO 08 Code 721 Sheet and structural metal workers, moulders and welders,
and related workers
Sheet and structural metal workers, moulders and welders, and related workers, make moulds and cores for casting metal, weld and cut metal parts, make and repair articles of sheet metal, install, erect, maintain and repair heavy metal structures, tackle, cable-cars and related equipment.
Tasks performed usually include:
- making moulds and cores for casting metal;
- casting, welding and shaping metal parts;
- making and repairing articles of sheet metal such as sheet steel, copper, tin, or brass;
- installing, erecting, maintaining and repairing heavy metal structures, as well as tackle, cable cars and related equipment.
Examples of the occupations classified here:
- 7211 Metal moulders and coremakers
- 7212 Welders and flame cutters
- 7213 Sheet-metal workers
- Structural-metal preparers and erectors
- Riggers and cable splicers
ISCO 88 Code(s)
(NCvB; Maart 2010)