ISCO 08 Code 5245 Service station attendants
Service station attendants sell fuel, lubricants and other automotive products and provide services such as fuelling, cleaning, lubricating and performing minor repairs to motor vehicles.
- filling fuel tanks and containers to level specified by customer;
- checking and replenishing air pressure in vehicle tyres, and oil and other vehicle fluid levels;
- washing vehicle windscreens and windows;
- performing minor repair work to vehicles such as replacing tyres, light bulbs and windscreen wiper blades;
- maintaining and operating automatic car wash facilities;
- collecting payments from customers for purchases;
- cleaning petrol pumps and surrounding driveway, shop and facilities;
- undertaking stock control and preparing reports on fuel, oil, accessories and other items sold.
- Marina attendant
- Service station attendant
- Service station cashier - 5230
- Shop sales assistant - 5223
- Food service counter attendant - 5246
Workers who accept payment or sell goods in shops at service stations but do not provide forecourt services such as assistance with fuel, lubricants, cleaning and maintenance are excluded from Unit group 5245, Service station attendants.
ISCO 88 Code(s)
(Updated; 17.03.09) (NCvB; Mei 2010)